1. Open EndNote. To use this guide you must have added at least one reference.
2. Highlight the reference you want to attach a file to by left-clicking once on the reference.
3. On the Menu bar click on "References" then select "File Attachments" and "Attach File. . ."
4. Navigate to the folder on your computer that contains the file you want to attach.
5. Select the file you want to attach and then click "Open"
6. When the file has been successfully attached, a paperclip will appear to the left of the author.
7. To remove the attached file, double click on the reference. Scroll down the page until the section "File Attachments" is visible. You should see your file listed here. Click on the file once to highlight it. On your keyboard press the "Delete" key once (Note: NOT the "Backspace" key).