- This guide shows USD users how to access the Compustat/Research Insight database through the Remote Access Server - Secure Global Desktop. More information on USD's remote access server is located in the myU portal: http://link.usd.edu/761
- You will initially follow all the steps below to set up the connection, but once you have it set up on your computer, you won't see steps 4 and 5 in the future.
Please contact Danielle Loftus with any questions relating to this guide, or access to the Compustat database. Please contact Steve Johnson for help with navigating the Compustat database. Additional contact info for both of us is at right.
1. Type this address in your browser: remote.usd.edu
2. Select the link to "Log in":
3. Login with your USD credentials (USD email):
**note; you may be prompted to install a Java plugin at this time. You must do so before proceeding.
4. Select "Run" in the security warning dialog box:
5. You will be prompted to verify connection to the server; select "Yes":"
6. You are now connected to the Secure Global Desktop. Select the link to "Compustat" in the left menu:
7. You are now logged into the Compustat/Research Insight database!