Downloading and Installation
1. Navigate to https://portal.usd.edu/academics/library/endnote.cfm
2. Login on the USD portal.
3. Read the information about software compatibility with other bibliographic software.
Click on the “PC” download link.
4. A window will pop up requesting your username and password.
Enter your university email username (firstname.lastname) and password, and click "OK."
5. Click “Save”.
6. A pop up bar will appear, click "Open".
7. The file will download and you will see the “ENX7Inst” folder.
8. A new folder window will open with the zipped contents of the file.
Click on “Extract All Files.”
9. A new window will open.
Make sure that the “Show extracted files when complete” box is checked.
Click on “Extract.”
10. A new folder will open with the extracted files (It looks very similar to the previous folder).
Double click on the “ENX7Inst” icon to start the installation process.
11. There are a series of steps that follow for the installation.
The appropriate responses are below each image.
Read the agreement and accept the license by clicking “Accept.”
Read the agreement then mark the "I accept" bubble. Click "Next"
Make sure “Typical” is selected and click “Next.”
Make sure that “C:\Program Files\EndNote X7\” is the default folder and click “Next.”
Click “Next” to begin the installation.
An Installation status window will display. Just be patient during this step.
Click “Finish” to finalize the installation.
12. Click on the Windows button and select “All Programs.”
You should see an “Endnote” folder in the list.
Click on that folder to access the program.
You have successfully downloaded and installed EndNote X7 on your computer.
If you have any problems with this process, please contact the ITS Help Desk.