SDLA/MPLA/NDLA Tri-Conference, Sioux Falls, SD. September 25-27, 2013
Pre-Conference Session: Wednesday, Amphitheater I
9:15-10:15 World View Stories, Cultural Walk, Hula-hoops
10:30-11:15 Library Scenarios
Danielle De Jager-Loftus
One of the core philosophies of libraries is that we should be open to all. How well do libraries serve diverse populations?
- Presents information about the concept of inclusiveness and how it relates to diversity.
- Presents information that can be used for game planning and enhancing diversity and inclusion as core values in the organization.
1).What are the populations libraries serve?
2). How do we make the library a welcoming place for all the populations we serve?
3). How can the library facilitate discussions on the inclusive library?
Please contact us (e-mails at left) if you have any questions, or would like more information.
1. Diversity issues in libraries (recruitment, outreach, library instruction, collection development)
2. Communication & conflict resolution
3. Planning, assessing, and implementing programs and services centered on diversity