Title PageScope and Contents
This is the "Overview" page of the "Trinity Danish Lutheran Church" guide.
Alternate Page for Screenreader Users
Skip to Page Navigation
Skip to Page Content

Trinity Danish Lutheran Church  

Please e-mail speccoll@usd.edu with comments & questions.
Last Updated: Sep 13, 2016 URL: http://libguides.usd.edu/trinity Print Guide RSS Updates

Overview Print Page
  Search: 
 
 

Collection Summary

Title Trinity Danish Lutheran Church
Span Dates 1880-1980
Bulk Dates (bulk dates, 1880-1980)
Quantity 1 linear ft.
Printed Material
Location     Archives and Special Collections, University Libraries, University of South Dakota.
Summary

   The Trinity Danish Lutheran Church in Gayville, South Dakota, was founded in September 1880 and led by Rev. Mortensen.  The first church was erected south of Gayville in 1894 and subsequently destroyed by a tornado that same year.  Miraculously, the altar survived unscathed, so it was moved to a new church the following year.  In 1940, the church was moved across the road and, a new altar was dedicated in 1950.  They celebrated their centennial September 21, 1980.

Finding Aid Permalink Cite or bookmark this finding aid as: http://libguides.usd.edu/trinity
Description

Loading  Loading...

Tip