It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Music - Guide to Research
The purpose of this guide is to organize the most relevant USD Library resources for students, staff and faculty within the discipline of Music.
What resources are available for MUSIC MAJORS (and anyone studying music)?
WHERE can I find these things?
1. Reference - Print materials: University Libraries, Main (Ground) floor, west side of Academic Commons Online databases / resources: University Libraries Web Page (www.usd.edu/library)
2. Scores ("M") -
Mini-scores - 3rd floor, northeast quadrant Full scores - immediately following the mini scores on the 3rd floor Scores & parts - same as above (by LC call number) Piano reductions - " Piano-vocal scores - " Vocal scores - " Oversize ("M's" and "N's") - 3rd floor, west end by elevator door
3. Books about music("ML" = "Music Literature" and "MT" = "Music Theory & Pedagogy"). 3rd floor, northeast quadrant, just after the scores.
4. Audio recordings - Compact discs - University Libraries, Main (Ground) floor, west side of Academic Commons Vinyl recordings - 2nd floor, southwest corner. Streaming audioNaxos Music Library - go to Library Webpage, select Databases tab or filter by subject "Music"
5. Visual materials - University Libraries, ask for them by call number at the Circulation Desk! Videocassettes (VHS) - University Libraries, Main (Ground) floor, west side of Academic Commons DVDs - University Libraries, Main (Ground) floor, west side of Academic Commons
6. Online Commercial Databases/Resources - University Libraries Web Page (www.usd.edu/library), select Databases and Journals/Ebooks tabs.