Journal Impact Factor
Using Journal Citation Reports to Analyze Journals:
- Go to Journal Citation Reports database.
- Choose the Science or Social Sciences Edition and the Year. Select an option to search for a specific journal, or to view a group of journals.
3. To search for a specific journal, you may search by Full or Abbreviated journal title, title word, or ISSN. We will search for the journal Genome Biology.
4. Click on the hyperlinked journal title to see more information on the journal including Impact Factor, Immediacy Index, Cited Half-Life, Cited Journal Graph,etc.
5. The Screen below shows the details for the journal Genome Biology.
Searching for Journal Impact Factors by Subject:
1. Go to Journal Citation Reports
2.Choose the Science or Social Sciences Edition and the Year. Select "View a group of journals" by subject category.
3. Select one or more subject categories. You have an option of sorting your results by impact factor, total cites, Eigenfactor, Immediacy index etc.
4. You will then get a journal summary list page that shows the impact factor of the journals in your selected category or categories. For additional analysis and explanation of impact factor and other metrics, click the journal's title.
For more information about Journal Citation Reports,consult this tutorial from Thomson Scientific.